[Revised November 2015]
You hereby affirm and understand that you are being granted certain benefits such as transpararent pricing, special pricing for services and expedited appointment times in exchange for prompt payment at time of service via cash or credit card payment. There is no use of insurance on the Site and you are waiving your right to make a claim through any insurance plan you may have. However, you may apply your paid services toward an HSA/FSA account should you have one, please consult your accountant. You acknowledge that porcessing an insurance claim would require your provider to expend time and administraitve resources to process. You further understand that failure to adhere to this requirement will result in your expulsion from the Site. The reason for this is simple, processing insurance paperwork and collecting payment take both time and money for your provider. By transacting through the Site you are saving your provider both time and money. By agreeing to provide prompt payment and thereby reducing administrative resource requirements, You are enabling your provider to provide fair pricing and better availability to you.
- About the Site:
- We Do Not Provide Medical Advice:
The Information that you obtain or receive from DIRECTCARE, and its employees, contractors, partners, sponsors, advertisers, licensors or otherwise on the Site is for informational and scheduling purposes only. THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR DOES IT REPLACE, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. DO NOT DISREGARD, AVOID OR DELAY OBTAINING MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE READ ON THE SITE. DO NOT USE THE SITE FOR EMERGENCY MEDICAL NEEDS. IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A MEDICAL EMERGENCY CALL 911. YOUR USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE SITE OR AVAILABLE THROUGH ANY SERVICES IS INTENDED TO BE, AND MUST NOT BE TAKEN TO BE, THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE OR THE PROVISION OF MEDICAL CARE. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, procedures, opinions, or other information that may appear on the Site. If you rely on any of the Information provided by the Site, you do so solely at your own risk.
- No Doctor Patient Relationship:
NO LICENSED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED BY USING INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE FIND A PROVIDER FEATURE, LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR ANY ASSISTANCE WE MAY PROVIDE TO HELP YOU FIND AN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OR SPECIALIST IN ANY FIELD. WE MAKE NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERTISE, QUALITY OF WORK OR OTHER INFORMATION HEREIN. FURTHER WE DO NOT IN ANY WAY ENDORSE ANY INDIVIDUAL DESCRIBED HEREIN. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH INFORMATION. We have no control over, and cannot guarantee the availability of any physician at any particular time. We will not be liable for cancelled or otherwise unfulfilled appointments or any injury resulting therefrom, or for any other injury resulting from the use of the Site or Services whatsoever. You are strongly advised to perform your own investigation prior to selecting a health care professional by making confirming telephone calls to the appropriate licensing authorities to verify listed credentials and education, and to further verify information about a particular physician or medical provider by confirming with the doctor's office, your current physician, the medical association relative to the doctor's specialty and your state medical board.
- Authorization and Acknowledgement:
In connection with using the Site and the Services to locate and schedule appointments with medical professionals, you understand that:
- We make our best efforts to select providers to be listed on the Site who meet certain qualification standards
- We will provide you with a list of physicians or medical providers who may be suitable to deliver the health care that you are seeking based solely on the information that you provide to us (such as specialty, proximity to your geographical location, and additional criteria that you specify); you are ultimately responsible for choosing your own physician or medical provider
- Physicians and medical providers who offer Services on the Site are required to who hold active medical licenses and all certifications necessary to practice any specialty services offered to patients.
- Editorial Control:
We make the Site available as a service to consumers and health care professionals for the purposes of providing an informative and educational resource. We may, but have no obligation to, have nonuser-posted information reviewed by the Site's editorial personnel. It is important to note, however, that the timeliness and accuracy of any or all of the Information is not guaranteed. Neither the authors, the editorial personnel, nor any other party who has been involved in the preparation or publication of this work can assure you that the Information contained herein is in every respect accurate or complete, and they are not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. You are encouraged to independently confirm the Information contained herein with other sources and to seek the advice of a qualified physician.
PRACTITIONER INFORMATION: Physician and practice information found on the Site is intended for general reference purposes only. Physician and other health provider information found on the Site is both self-reported, by the physician and/or office staff, and collected from multiple other data sources that may not be confirmed by the physician. Such information often changes frequently and may become out of date or inaccurate. Neither the Site nor DIRECTCARE provides any advice or qualification certification about any particular physician or provider. Our relationship with sponsors or physicians in a particular area is based on criteria we establish. You are encouraged to independently verify any such information.
PROCEDURES/PRODUCTS/SERVICES: The procedures, products, services and devices discussed and/or advertised within the Site are not applicable to all individuals, patients or all clinical situations. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of any such procedures, products, services and devices. Any products and/or services represented on the Site by advertisers, sponsors, and other Site participants, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success.
As part of the registration process, you will provide an e-mail address and create a password. These are your account details for accessing the Services that are only available to members ("Details"). You should keep your Details private and not share your Details with anyone else. You are responsible for notifying us if your password has been hacked or stolen. You may notify us by sending an email to Support@KumbaHealth.com.
- Your Personal Information:
- Your Responsibilities
Use of the Site is currently free for patients. We may charge participating providers a monthly membership fee as well as a processing fee for certain transactions that are processed through the Site. Additional usual and customary charges for any medical services rendered by collaborating physicians profiled on the Site will apply and will be entirely your responsibility. You are responsible for all use of the Site and for all use of your Details, including use by others to whom you have given your Details. You may use the Site and the Services for lawful, non-commercial purposes only. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site or the Services. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Services, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means. Without limiting any of the foregoing, you agree that you shall not (and you agree not to allow any third party to):
- copy, modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Site, its content or materials and/or the Services
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site and/or the Services or in or on any content or other material obtained via the Site and/or the Services
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services
- access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site and/or the Services for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews related to the health care industry or medical physicians
- reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Site and/or the Services
- create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited activities described in this paragraph.
- Changes to the Services
- Links to Other Sites
The Site may include links to other websites or frame information from other websites, including links provided as automated search results. Some of these sites may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. These links are provided for your convenience only and do not mean that we endorse these sites or the products and services they provide and we make no warranties or representations of any kind whatsoever regarding those websites, including the products, software, materials, services, content, completeness, accuracy or appropriateness of content on such linked websites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of these other sites.
- Additional Terms
- Pricing: for the services selected shall only apply to the applicable service identified. Based upon each individual provider's judgment, other treatment, services, tests and/or interventions may be necessary and may result in additional costs to you. Any such other treatment, services, tests and/or interventions performed by a physician or other medical provider will be billed as an additional charge to you by such physician or other medical provider.
- Cancellation policy: You may choose to enter the KumbaHealth.com platform and cancel or reschedule an appointment or service up to 48-hours before the scheduled appointment. Any appointment modification required after the original appointment is scheduled via the Site shall be done directly between the provider and the patient.Some of our providers may require a credit card hold prior to booking an appointment in order to reduce the adverse impact of no-shows on their practice. You must cancel or reschedule with at least 48-hours notice in order to receive a full refund. Said credit card hold shall be processed as payment and shall be forfeited for any missed appointment.
You may not use contact information provided by our users or participating providers, or harvest such information for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate the sending, of unsolicited bulk communications such as SPAM. You may not allow others to use your account to violate the terms of this section. We may terminate your membership or access to the Site immediately and take other legal action if you or anyone using your Details violates these provisions.
- Content You Post or Submit:
There may be opportunities to submit ratings and/or feedback regarding your experiences with providers who are featured on the Site, likewise there may be opportunities for providers to provide ratings and/or feedback regarding experiences with patients who use the Site (collectively referred to as "Posted Information"). It is important that you act responsibly when providing Posted Information. In providing feedback, please give clear, honest information about the provider and your experiences, but do not use inappropriate language, make gratuitous personal criticisms or comments or provide information that others could use to determine your identity or anyone elses. We retain the right to edit any content we deem necessary to protect the integrity of the Site. When participating in other aspects of the Site, please do not post any information that another user may use to identify you as an individual, but please do include all relevant information in a concise manner to help us provide you with a helpful response. We reserve the right to publish your Posted Information as part of the Service and to also remove your Posted Information for any reason. We are not, however, responsible for any failure or delay in removing Posted Information. Keep in mind that the Posted Information of others is simply opinion and should not be relied on. In addition:
- You are solely responsible for any Posted Information that you submit, publish or display on the Site or transmit to other members and/or other users of the Site.
- You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. You may not submit any content or material that infringes, misappropriates or violates the intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights of any party.
- You may not provide any Posted Content that falsely expresses or implies that such content or material is sponsored or endorsed by DIRECTCARE.
- You may not provide any Posted Content that is unlawful or that promotes or encourages illegal activity.
- You agree that you will only provide Posted Content that you believe to be true and you will not purposely provide false or misleading information.
- You agree that you shall not link from any other website to the Site, link from the Site to any other point, or frame any content contained on the Site.
- You agree that submissions you make to the Site are free of virus, Trojan horse, trap door, worm, timer, clock, robot, bot, spider or other malicious, limiting, disabling or damaging software code, design, instruction or routine.
- You agree that no information you provide or action you take shall cause DIRECTCARE or any of its affiliates or users of the Site to violate any law, rule or regulation applicable to any such information or action.
- By posting Posted Content on the Site, you agree to and hereby do grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, DIRECTCARE, its contractors, and the users of the Site an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, fully paid up, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, digitally perform, publicly display, and distribute such Posted Content and to adapt, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Posted Content. This license is non-exclusive, except you agree that DIRECTCARE shall have the exclusive right to practice this license to the extent of combining your Posted Content with the Posted Content of other DIRECTCARE users for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of reviews and information related to the health care industry.
- The following is a partial list of the kind of content and communications that are illegal or prohibited on/ through the Site. DIRECTCARE reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Services and terminating the membership of such violators or blocking your use of the Services and/or the Site. You may not post content that:
- is false or intentionally misleading
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person
- involves the transmission of unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming"
- violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person
- is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
- is pornographic or sexually explicit in nature
- otherwise creates any liability for DIRECTCARE or any of its affiliates or users of the Site .
- Your Use of Content:
Except for Posted Content that you or any other visitors to the Site submit, all of the Information available on or through the Services and/or the Site, including without limitation, text, photographs, graphics and video and audio content, is owned by us and our licensors and is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret laws, other proprietary rights, and international treaties. You acknowledge that the Services and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Services contain DIRECTCARE's proprietary information. We give you permission to use the aforementioned content for personal, non-commercial purposes only and do not transfer any intellectual property rights to you by virtue of permitting your use of the Services. You may print, download, and store information from the Site for your own convenience, but you may not copy, distribute, republish (except as permitted in this paragraph), sell, or exploit any of the content, or exploit the Site in whole or in part, for any commercial gain or purpose whatsoever. Except as is expressly and unambiguously provided herein, DIRECTCARE and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Site and the Services not expressly granted by DIRECTCARE to you are retained by DIRECTCARE.
- Disclaimer of Warranties:
WE PROVIDE THE SITE AND THE SERVICES "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES ABOUT THE SITE OR SERVICES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ALL STATUTORY WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON-INFRINGING. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE OR ACCURATE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER CONTENT, DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, DIRECTCARE MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE INFORMATION SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY OTHER SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION. DIRECTCARE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT LOSS OF DATA WILL NOT OCCUR, OR THAT THE SERVICES SOFTWARE OR SITE ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES, CONTAMINANTS OR OTHER HARMFUL ITEMS.
- General Limitation of Liability:
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS THE CANCELLATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO OR ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES, IF ANY, THAT YOU PAID TO UTILIZE THE SITE OR THE SERVICES OR (B) $100. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU (OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING UNDER OR THROUGH YOU) FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, OR MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR NEGLIGENCE OF PROVIDERS UTILIZED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH SAYS "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR".
- Electronic Contracting and Notices:
- Copyright Dispute Policy:
DIRECTCARE has adopted the following general policy toward copyright infringement in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or DMCA (posted at http://www.lcweb.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf). The address of DIRECTCARE's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement ("Designated Agent") is provided at the bottom of this section. DIRECTCARE Policy. It is DIRECTCARE's policy to (a) block access to or remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users; and (b) remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders. Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringements:
If you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Site or the Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below ("Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification"):Upon Receipt of a Bona Fide Infringement Notification by the Designated Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed
- Identification of works or materials being infringed
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that DIRECTCARE is capable of finding and verifying its existence
- Contact information about the notifier including address, telephone number and, if available, email address
- A statement that the notifier has a good faith belief that the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
It is DIRECTCARE's policy:Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material
- to notify the content provider, member or user that it has removed or disabled access to the material
- Furthermore, for repeat offenders, DIRECTCARE will also terminate such content provider's, member's or user's access to the service.
If the content provider, member or user believes that the material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the content provider, member or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the content provider, member or user must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed below:Removal:
- A physical or electronic signature of the content provider, member or user
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access to has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled
- A statement that the content provider, member or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material
- Furthermore, The content provider's, member's or user's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider's, member's or user's address is located, or if the content provider's, member's or user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which DIRECTCARE is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, DIRECTCARE may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at DIRECTCARE's discretion.Address for Designated Agent:
Please contact DIRECTCARE's Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement at the following address:
Directcare, Inc. : Support
9595 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 406
Beverly Hills CA 90212
- Entire Agreement:
- Choice of Law and Dispute Resolution: